Pulmonology is a medical speciality that deals with diseases involving the respiratory tract. Pulmonology is known as chest medicine and respiratory medicine. Breathlessness, cough, chest pain or blood in the sputum may be signs of chest or respiratory illness.
Our Pulmonology facility cares for patients with, but not limited to:
Pulmonologists are specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema and other complicated chest infections.We offer investigation, diagnosis and treatment under one roof, in conjunction with a multi-disciplinary team approach to give our patients the best possible outcomes.
With a range of specialist services including,
- Breathing problems (Explained and Unexplained)
- Lung disease
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) and other respiratory disorders
- Lung Cancer
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Hypertension (PH)
- Tuberculosis and Non-Tuberculosis Mycobacterial Infections
- Sleep Disorders
- Sleep Apnoea
Our interventional pulmonology unit offers a wide range of procedures including,
- Oxygen therapy
- Blood tests and Urine Tests
- Lung function tests
- ECG, X-Ray, MRI, CT and PET CT Scans.
- Smoking Cessation Program
- Flexible/Rigid Bronchoscopy
- Bronchoalveolar lavage
- Biopsy Of Lung (or) Lymph Node
- Balloon Bronchoplasty
- Airway Stent
- Foreign Body Removal
- Thoracentesis (Pleural Effusion)
- Indwelling Pleural Catheter
- Bronchoscopic Thermoplasty
Our facility at Dr.Kamakshi Memorial Hospital is fully equipped to assess and treat patients with any respiratory complaint.