About Paediatric Cardio Thoracic Surgery
The Paediatric Cardio Thoracic Surgery in Dr.Kamakshi Memorial Hospital provides state of the art diagnostic and therapeutic options for children with all forms of congenital heart defects, in addition to paediatric patients with ailments that affect lungs, oesophagus, chest wall and diaphragm.
Our services include treatment for:
The highly qualified team consists of physicians and other healthcare personnel in DR.KMH offers critical care services for around the clock to children from congenital heart diseases.
We care for children from new-borns to adolescents who have a range of heart, lung and airway conditions.
- Patients with congenital (from birth) heart disease
- Heart surgery
- Advanced heart and lung life support, called ECMO
- Patients who need surgery for airway and lung problems.
Our patient-centered approach includes a multidisciplinary team of experienced surgeons are capable of managing highly complex cases. We use cutting-edge technology with the state of facility in the hospital to perform various surgeries including major aortic surgery, coronary bypass, beating heart cardiac operations, arrhythmia surgery.
Types of surgery
The repair of many heart defects requires the use of a cardiopulmonary bypass (heart-lung bypass machine), stopping and opening the heart to carry out the surgery. Various types of surgeries include:
- Atrial septal defects (ASD)
- Ventricular septal defects (VSD)
- Transposition of the Great Arteries
- Tetralogy of Fallot and other complex anomalies
- PDA ligation
- Coarctation of Aorta repair
- RSOV repair
- Myectomy for HOCM
- Ross Procedure
- AV canal defect repair
- Valve repair & replacement
- Intra-cardiac repair & replacement
- Intra-cardiac repair for TOF/DORV
- Truncus Arteriosus repair
- TAPVC repair
- BT shunt
- Central shunt
- PA banding
- Bidirectional Glenn Shunt (BDG)
- Fontan Pallication
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Peripheral pulmonary Stenosis
Our specialist team combines medical expertise with an innovative approach to new technologies and treatments, and are dedicated to providing a safe, high quality service to all who come here.
Our dedicated team of surgeons, cardiologists, anaesthetists, intensivists and nurses in Paediatric Intensive Care Unit of Dr. KMH is backed for 24x7 to offer paediatric critical care support. It is well equipped with facilities for invasive monitoring and Mechanical Ventilation. PICU is exclusively designed for the children and there are separate space and resting areas for the child's family members, so that they can stay close to their children when the child is in the treatment. We will coordinate with child's family members and form family-centered team which supports the child health care.