About Paediatric Endocrinology
The Department of Paediatric Endocrinology at Dr.Kamakshi Memorial Hospital diagnoses and treats various endocrine conditions in children such as growth and puberty disorders. It deals with hormonal disorders of all stages children and adolescent stages. KMH offers special care to children through experienced endocrinologist, nutritionists and other health care professionals.
The hospital offers various treatments to children with different hormone conditions like pituitary conditions, adrenal conditions, growth problems, thyroid problems, advanced and delayed puberty, calcium and bone metabolism, disorders of sexual development, diabetes, low blood sugar, obesity etc.
The dedicated group consists of endocrinologists, paediatric specialists and other healthcare professionals in providing high quality of care for the well being of your child.
Our treatment in Dr. KMH includes treatment for paediatric endocrine conditions includes investigations such as blood tests, ultrasounds and scans. Appropriate treatment is then carried out according to the outcome of investigations. Treatments can include a full range of hormone treatments such as growth hormone, thyroid hormone, puberty hormones and many other hormone therapies.
We aim to improve patient's understanding of their illness and promote self-management for the well-being of their life. Education for patients and families (regarding illness and medication) is provided in addition to outpatient clinic visits.
Children's Diabetes Service
The paediatric diabetes service provides medical advice and support for children from 0 to 17 years of age with diabetes, their families and carers. Our team consisting of diabetes nurse specialists, consultants, paediatric dieticians offers multidisciplinary diabetes care in order to support children to optimize their blood glucose control and their physical, psychological, intellectual, educational and social development.
- short stature
- tall stature and overgrowth syndromes
- delayed puberty and precocious puberty
- pituitary problems including growth and hormone deficiency
- thyroid disorders, acquired or congenital
- adrenal and gonadal disorders
- diabetes insipidus
- calcium disorders including hypercalcaemia, hypocalcaemia, hypoparathyroidism and hyperparathyroidism
- disorders of glucose homeostasis including hypoglycaemia
- disorders of sexual differentiation including micropenis
- polycystic ovary syndrome and menstrual problems
- insulin resistance
- neonatal endocrine disorders
- endocrine sequelae from childhood cancer treatment
- Cushing's disease and Cushing's syndrome
- obesity associated with complications or monogenic obesity
- steroid management, withdrawal and advice
- inherited endocrine neoplasia syndromes