Nephrology is a specialty of medicine that concerns itself with the kidneys: the study of normal kidney function and kidney problems, the preservation of kidney health, and the treatment of kidney problems, from diet and medication to renal replacement therapy (dialysis and kidney transplantation). A physician who has undertaken additional training and board certified to become an expert in nephrology are called nephrologist or renal physician.
Nephrologists at Dr.Kamakshi Memorial Hospital provide a complete range of consultation, diagnosis and treatment for patients with kidney diseases. The scope of care encompasses all stages of kidney disease, from earliest detectable changes in the kidney function. Dialysis is a part of nephrology unit functioninground the clock,Dr.Kamakshi Memorial Hospital is one of largest providers of outpatient dialysis services in Chennai, Tamilnadu.
Our core values emphasize delivering utmost care to patients, providing physicians with clinical autonomy and support, with advanced equipment's andbest possible support staff.
Our Nephrology and Haemodialysis unitis unique in nature offering patients the comprehensive health care:
- Our clinical nephrology unit provides screening for kidney disease and consultations on an outpatient or inpatient basis (for hospitalized patients). It has access to all the techniques used in the diagnosis of kidney disease, particularly renal biopsy, which can be performed on site
- Patient care focuses on preventing kidney disease from worsening, on informing and educating patients
- Our Dialysis Centre features equipment guaranteeing highest levels of safety and quality
- Physicians available on site and available on-call, ensuring availability anytime during the day in the event of any emergency
- Experienced Nursing supervision
- Flexible hours
A pre-transplant consultation is proposed to all patients who can and wish to be transplanted. These patients are then added to a transplant list as quickly as possible. The nephrologists manage patient in collaboration with the transplantation.
Our specialists evaluate, manage and treat a wide range of conditions, medical complications and types of patients, including the following:
- Acute Kidney Injury
- Glomerular Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- End Stage Kidney Disease
- Kidney Stones
- Kidney Transplant
- Acute kidney failure, including electrolyte and acid-based disturbances
- Intrinsic kidney diseases, including diabetic nephropathy, hypertensive kidney disease, glomerulonephritis and chronic pyelonephritis, with an emphasis on slowing the progression of kidney disease
- Proteinuria (protein in the urine) and haematuria (blood in the urine)
- Anaemia related to kidney disease
- Bone disease related to kidney disease
- Fluid and electrolyte disorders, including edema, potassium, acid-base and calcium disorders
- Coordinated care and follow-up for patients with kidney disease associated with diabetes, high blood pressure or cardiovascular and kidney disease