About General Medicine
General Internal Medicine provides patients with primary health care services. Our consultants coordinate overall care as well as treat specific medical conditions. They are experts in preventive medicine, health monitoring, testing and special treatment programs such as weight management and diabetes follow-up, and make referrals to specialists when needed.
The department of General Medicine is one of the largest in Dr.Kamakshi Memorial Hospital. Our team highly competent and senior consultants provide a wide range of medical services for the adults in the field of general medicine which includes a 24 hour onsite service for acute undifferentiated medical conditions, medical emergencies and medical urgent conditions.
Our outpatient clinic for general medicine covers multi system illness, undifferentiated medical problems, Hypertension & Dyslipidaemia, Continence, Upper airways, Emergency review, Chronic Fatigue, Immigrant Health, Infectious diseases and Immunisation, etcetera.
The general medicine clinic at Dr.Kamakshi Memorial Hospital runs 24 * 7 * 365 a year, providing a range of non surgical health care to adult patients, they care for patients with difficult, serious, unusual medical problems and continue to provide care to patients until these problems have resolved or stabilised.
Various conditions, we commonly treat includes:
- Recurrent infections such as cold, sore throat, cystitis thrush, chest infections and bacterial infections
- Some persistent symptoms where tests have not revealed a serious underlying disorder
- Asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Digestive disorders for example acid reflux, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease
- Endocrine (glandular) disorders such as under-active thyroid
- Type II diabetes
- Some types of heart disease, high blood pressure and palpitations (requiring no orthodox treatment
- Chronic headache such as migraine or tension-type headache
- Side effects of prescribed medications