The department of Dentistry at Dr.Kamakshi Memorial Hospital offers first class dental and oral health care services for children and adults with leading specialists. In addition to emergency dental care, we provide treatment for a diverse range of oral health issues, both routine and specialist.
Our services offered covers the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of all conditions affecting the mouth and associated structures, including the facial bones and jaws, to the correction of facial deformities and treatment of facial fractures as well as repair of damaged oral tissues and teeth.
Various subspecialties offered in Dr. KMH includes,
- Restorative Dentistry is the prevention, diagnosis and management of diseases and disorders gum and the supporting structures of teeth, tooth pulp and tissues surrounding the root of a tooth, reconstruction and replacement of teeth (including construction of dentures, crowns, bridges and root fillings).
- Orthodontics is a type of dentistry concerned with the growth of your teeth, Jaws and Face. This treatment aims to improve the appearance, position and function of crooked or abnormally arranged teeth.
Various procedures offered in Orthodontics, includes:
- Metal braces
- Ceramic braces
- Self ligating
- Invisalign / Clear alingners
- Lingual bonded braces
- Orthodontic surgeries
- Pedodontics is a dedicated care for the children aged 15 years and under for various trauma injuries to their teeth, mouth and face conditions, and gum diseases. It is also known as Paediatric Dentistry.
Various procedures followed in pediatric dentistry includes,
- Fluoride Varnish (FV) application
- Pulpectomy + SSC
- Habit breaking appliances
- Space maintainers
- Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology is a range of digital X-Ray services helps in the diagnosis of dental problem and monitoring after the treatment.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMS) is a specialty of medicine and dentistry that focuses on the diagnosis, surgical treatment, management of diseases and disorders of the face and jaws.
Our faculty are experienced and highly trained to treat,
We perform extractions, placement of dental implants under dental anaesthesia and sedation.
- Congenital and acquired defects and disorders
- Facial infections
- Cancers of the head and neck region
- Oral Medicine and Oral Pathogy involves the diagnosis and non-surgical management of oral, maxillofacial, and temporomandibular joint or disorders. Our specialists in Dr.KMH are also experts in oral cancer screening and pathologies.
- Geriatric dentistry is the delivery of dental care to older adults involving the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of problems associated with normal aging and age-related diseases as part of an interdisciplinary team with other health care professionals. It is also known as geriodontics.
- Implant retained complete denture
- Conservative dentistry is a branch of dentistry which deals with the treatment of caries, malformed, discoloured, nonesthetic, or fractured teeth.
- Endodontics deals with treatment of dental pulp (containing nerves, arterioles, venules, lymphatic tissue, and fibrous tissue and periapical diseases and dentals pain management.
- Prosthodontics is the branch of dentistry dealing with the replacement of teeth and related mouth or jaw structures by artificial devices.
We offer various dental procedures in Dentistry including (but not limited to),
- Dental Implants
- Root Canal Treatment
- Crowns & Bridges
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Laser gum surgeries
- Surgical Impaction
- Oral cancer screening & other pathologies
- Soft splint & shoring appliance
- Facial surgeries (All types of facial surgeries, Trauma Care)
- Digital X-ray