About Neonatal Intensive Care Unit-NICU
The Neo Natal Intensive Care Unit at Dr.Kamakshi Memorial Hospital was started with the motto of providing quality tertiary level health care to new born babies who are critically ill and requires an intensive care after the birth. With the best of faculty and paramedical staffs and state of art technology, NICU in our hospital will act swiftly in providing life support for all neonatal illnesses around the clock.
Various facilities offered in our NICU in DR. KMH include (but not limited to),
The NICU in KMH will pay special attention to the needs of infants and children. It is designed in such a way to provide health care support to newborns in diagnosing and treating them with the advancement of technology and with at most cares. Our department will take care of both preventive and curative aspects of children's health with the experienced neonatologists and health care staffs.
The Ambulatory Pediatric Services are always ready to extent the service round the clock for emergency and critical newborn babies. The NICU is managed by qualified staffs, duty pediatricians and it is backed up with highly qualified consultants and 24hours efficient laboratories. The most equipped neonatal and pediatric ventilation was set up in order to support the newborn babies to protect them from infection and respiratory distress.
The dietician and lactation consultant in NICU of KMH will support the mothers in breast feeding. They will also help and monitor to feed the newborn babies, a special attention and at most care was given and they provide enough.
suggestions in breast feeding.
Physicians from other specialties, such as pediatric cardiology and pediatric surgery will also support the consultant team in discussion and suggestion about baby and mother in NICU.
- Level 3 NICU - 25 Bedded - Headed by qualified (DM) Neonatologists
- 3 Ventilators - High frequency/CPAP/Conventional
- Hi-Tech Multipara monitors (Masimo-SET)
- Separate Septic/Isolation Unit
- Bed side ECHO/Utrasound
- Neonatal Transport (24x7)
- Resuscitation for High Risk Deliveries
- Lactation Counselling/KMC sessions. We manage preterm from 25weeks/500gm onwards Term babies with PPHN, HIE, Inborn error of Metabolism
- Neurodevelopmental follow up of NICU Graduates Post OPD care for Neonatal Surgeries.
- ROP screening
- Hearing assessment